The Quaker Hill Historic District is located on the west side of the Thames River in the northern part of the Town of Waterford. A linear residential district more than a mile in length, it runs north-south along the Old Norwich Road to encompass the village of Quaker Hill, which is centered around the intersection with Old Colchester Road and the western end of Smith Cove, the outlet for Hunt’s Brook.
The Quaker Hill Historic District also includes several side streets, such as Caroline Court and Rosemary Lane, and is bounded on the east for part of its length by Mohegan Avenue Parkway (State Route 32), which connects to Interstate 395 to the south.
The Quaker Hill Historic District’s 109 resources consist primarily of houses and their associated outbuildings, as a well as a former tavern, a church, and three twentieth-century municipal buildings. Ranging in age from 1782 to the 1950, the majority (84 percent) of the resources contribute to the architectural and/or historical significance of the district. Only two historic houses are so altered that they are considered non-contributing.
For more information see http://www.livingplaces.com/CT/New_London_County/W…