Open House Guidelines
Phase II guidelines for Residential Realtors
Real estate open house events may resume, subject to capacity limits, physical distancing, screening protocols, and increased sanitation measures.
Physical space and occupancy limits
1. Open house events may operate subject to the capacity limitation of no more than one person per 150 square feet of floor area.
2. Ask visitors to either (1) wait inside a vehicle until their turn is called, or (2) wait at pre-demarcated spots that comply with physical distancing guidelines.
3. Stage open houses to enable “touch-less touring” to the extent possible, allowing visitors to enter and exit with minimal interactions with potential high-touch surfaces.
Symptom Screening Procedures
1. Screen visitors entering a building. If people whose responses to screening questions indicate that they are sick, or who show visible signs of illness, they must be denied entrance and instructed to isolate.
2. Screenings can be conducted verbally, by app, by phone, or by another method of the REALTOR’s choosing.
3. Prior to scheduling viewing appointments or an open house event at a property that remains occupied by current residents, conduct a symptom screening questionnaire with current property residents.
4. Visitors should wear a face mask during open houses or viewing appointments in accordance with the Governor’s executive orders.
5. Realtors should wear a face mask during open houses or viewing appointments in accordance with the Governor’s executive orders.
6. Realtors should collect contact information, including name, phone number, and date of visit, from at least one household member for any household attending a property viewing or open house event. Maintain these records for thirty days in case of a reported illness. Text OPEN to 860-946-4426.